Wine Not! Wednesday Featuring Two Oceans Moscato National #moscatoday
Good day to you all! If you are as excited as I am for National #moscatoday then this post is perfect for you. Moscato is one of those wines that everybody loves. Being that it is National #moscatoday I wanted to share with you one of my many favourite Moscato’s in celebration of this National day. Two Oceans Moscato is a clear pale lemon with aromas of lemon peach and marzipan. If you are a lover of sweet wines this is the perfect wine to enjoy. It’s has a crisp acidity which makes it incredibly refreshing and has a light body and a smooth finish.
To make this Moscato the grapes were picked at optimal ripeness upon showing maximum fruit expression. After crushing and gentle pressing. Fermentation takes place in controlled stainless steel tanks. Then the wine is clarified and stored at very low temperatures to preserve freshness and sweetness. I love Moscato its one of those wines that can be cocktailed to make the perfect drinks to entertain during the summer. Because it’s not a heavy wine you can enjoy it with just about any dish. Some of my favourite means to pair Moscato with are stir fry’s, white meat dishes, fresh salads and of course seafood. The alcohol level is fairly low measuring at 7.64% so you can really enjoy it without over doing it. Well, it’s time to enjoy #moscato day, below I have left you a quick recipe that you can enjoy with friends or even on your own. Until next time! Cheers
- 1 bottle Two Oceans White Moscato wine
- ¾ c. whipped cream flavored vodka
- ¼ c. strawberry simple syrup (1/4 c. water + ⅛ c. sugar + ½ c. sliced strawberries, heated until boiling and cooled)
- 1 c. fresh strawberries, sliced
- *sparkling water (optional)
- Combine wine, vodka, cooled simple syrup, and fresh strawberries in a large pitcher.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.
- *For a less sweet sangria, add sparkling water as desired.