Summer Escapes, Don’t Leave Home Without These Essentials
On Thursday my family and I headed off to our annual weekend getaway to Ontario’s capital Ottawa. To enjoy some sun and splash at one of our favourite water attractions Calypso Water Park Click Here to Read We were anxiously counting down the days to leave but not before this mama got down to business preparing for this trip. One important aspect of taking family trips is making sure the essentials that we need are properly packed and labelled. Prior to taking family trips, I like to have my to-do list of things that I need to get done before we leave as well as a list I like to name Summer Escapes, Don’t leave home without these essentials. Then I like to decorate the title and make all fun and colourful to put me in the vacation mood.
On my list, there are essentials that we need to have an enjoyable trip outdoors as well as kid-friendly things to keep the kids entertained in the car. So being that July has gotten off on the right foot I wanted to share my 5 essentials that make summer getaways memorable without the stress and fuss of forgetting things at home.
Essential #1 Sun Care
Sun care is so important all year round, in the Summer especially the sun’s rays can be much more damaging to the skin. My family always makes sure that they leave the house with hats sunglasses, a water bottle and sunscreen, One of our favourite sunscreens to use if Coppertone Clearly sheer SPF 50, for days when the kids and hubby are playing sports outdoors Coppertone Sport SPF 30 has been amazingly good. If you have younger kids the kids SPF 60 is great too. *tip* reapply every 2 hours
Essential #2 Those pesky rainy days
I know you will agree when I say how tired I am with all the frequent rains days we have been having. For those days when we can’t get outdoors while on our trip but the kids still need to be entertained we always pack a deck of Uno cards. They never get tired of it and it’s a great way to spend quality time with the family without an electronic device in sight.
Essential #3 Snack Kit
Need I say more! All of you mamas know that the way to keep kids quiet on a long road trip is snacks. Gold Fish is our friend for snacks!
Essential #4 Women only kit
It’s time to get personal and talk about this creeper, that most of us women are ashamed to admit or talk about. With summer in full swing, we spend so much time at the beach or in a pool on the flipside that means we spend hours in wet soggy bathing suits which is incredibly bad for our lady parts. Yeast infections are annoying and they can ruin your getaway if they get unbearable. I always carry around a few different options just in case like Canes-Oral or the Combi-pak so that I am prepared for any unwanted itching.
Essential #5 Summertime = bugs!
We never leave home without our insect repellent, with all the rain that we have had this season there is a lot of stagnant waters especially when we like to talk walks in wooded areas. Nothing is more annoying than swatting away unwanted mosquitos, Muskol has been one of our favourite insect repellants for years it has 8 hours of wear and wards off mosquitos, black flies and ticks too which is a growing issue in Canada.
- CanesOral® is an effective, clinically proven, single-dose oral treatment that can be taken anytime anywhere, and is the #1 oral vaginal antifungal product recommended by doctors & pharmacists.
- It works systemically to stop vaginal yeast infections. (Cures most vaginal yeast infections)
- Includes cream to soothe the external itching and burning
- Symptom relief usually starts within 24 hours
- Coppertone® ClearlySheer® sunscreens deliver trusted, broad spectrum protection in delightfully light, refreshing formulas that barely leave a trace on the skin. They absorb quickly, feel clean and light on the skin, and won’t clog pores or cause breakouts. The ClearlySheer® line is designed with her specific needs in mind, and unlike any Coppertone, she’s ever tried before.
Coppertone Sport Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30
- Coppertone Sport sunscreens provide broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection . Coppertone Sport SPF 30 sunscreens’ light, breathable formula is specially formulated for active adults. Retaining its SPF for up to 80 minutes of activity in the water or sweating, you’ll be able to concentrate on your game knowing you’re protected.
Coppertone Kids® Sunscreen Lotion SPF 60
- Coppertone Kids® Sunscreen Lotion SPF 60 is a non-irritating, hypoallergenic sunscreen lotion that provides broad UVA/UVB spectrum protection, keeping your kids protected from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Waterproof, so it’s ideal for water-loving kids! Retains SPF after 80 minutes of activity in the water or sweating. Contains Avobenzone and other sunscreen ingredients; PABA Free.
Muskol 230g Aerosol
- Muskol® Insect Repellent Aerosol has a long heritage of providing effective protection.
- Developed in 1951 by Colonel C. H. Coll, an avid Canadian outdoorsman, Muskol® Insect Repellent Aerosol provides 8 hours of effective protection against mosquitoes
- It also repels black flies, biting midges, deer flies, stable flies, ticks and chiggers.
- GUARANTEE: DEET 23.5%
So there you have it my 5 essentials we never leave home without during our summer escapes. Since I love all of these items and I am confident that everyone needs them as well I am having a small giveaway of my essentials plus more valued at $250. All you have to do is follow the instruction below on how to enter. This giveaway is OPEN to ALL CANADIANS excluding Quebec
This post is sponsored by Bayer. To make sure these products are right for you, always read and follow the label.