Quick and Easy 25 Minute Crispy Mongolian Beef Recipe
Well, friends, I knew my family loved my cooking, but I never knew what was suppose to be a meal that would serve for 2 days would only last for 10 minutes. Let’s be honest most days I don’t feel like cooking. The easier the meal to throw together the happier this mama is. As you’re reading this post I am probably throwing some fries in the Oven and Hot Dogs on the stove. That’s how much easy meals mean to me. Today’s post I am sharing a Quick and Easy 25 Minute Crispy Mongolian Beef Recipe.
It is so tasty and really quick to make, with just a few ingredients this meal is not only mouth watering the aromas throughout my house were so amazing it woke my hubby up from his nap. In case you didn’t know Mongolian beef is a popular meal choice on PF Chang’s food menu. Using Flank steak, in my case since I didn’t have Flank steak I use stir fry steak strips that I had on hand and it worked out just as well. The recipe is pretty versatile where you can tweak it to your own liking. Enough chatter from me, I have left you the recipe so you can recreate it at home for your family to enjoy just as much as mine did. It finished so quickly that it came close to not making it to the dinner table. Have you been to PF Changs? Or tried Mongolian Beef? Let me know in the comments below.
- 1/2 c water
- 1 cup soya sauce
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 2 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 c cornstarch
- 2 lbs flank steak or stir fry steak strips(thick)
- 1 bunch of green onions
- wash meat with warm water and vinegar, drain well and put aside
- add cornstarch, toss with meat and set aside
- in a pan add 1 tbsp of oil for frying add garlic and ginger and stir for 5 minutes
- add water and soy sauce and cook for 10 minutes on high heat until mixture thickens, remove from heat
- in another pan add 1/2 cup of oil add streak and fry for 5 minutes until crispy remove from oil and place in pan with sauce.
- stir steak in sauce until well coated, turn down heat and simmer for 5 minutes
- remove from heat, serve with a side of jasmine rice, top beef with green onions and enjoy
- For a more spicier taste add red pepper flakes to your taste.