#Momsneak Where And Why I Sneak In My Favourite Netflix Shows #StreamTeam
Let’s be honest as a parent we don’t have enough time in the day to get things done. I mean as the saying goes ” we all have 24 hrs in a day what we choose to do with it is the question” Okay I get it we all have 24 hrs in a day but some of us have to-do lists that well surpass the 24 hrs we have to complete it in, especially if we work full time or the kids have extra curricular activities. I don’t have a lot of time to relax, I work, clean, parent, wife, get up early and go to bed late and the cycle goes on and on each day. Well, today its all about #Momsneak Where And Why I Sneak In My Favourite Netflix Shows #StreamTeam.
Sneaking is the New Bingeing: Moms Get More Creative Than Ever By Squeezing in Time to Stream Netflix
Before motherhood I had all the time in the world to watch TV, there was no such thing as a PVR to catch up on my favourite shows. I had free reign to watch what I wanted for as long as I wanted. Now not so much even if I PVR a show I am lucky to even be able to watch it EVER! Sadly it has brought me to extreme measures. I #momsneak yes that is what I have to do. When the kids are not looking I sneak myself away into the bathroom that I should be cleaning and I catch up on my favourite shows on Netflix like Blacklist, Queen of the South and Suits. Or sometimes I sneak into the car (which by the way I don’t drive) and the kids have never found me.
71% of US Moms Admit to Trying to Sneak In TV “Me-Time” While Multitasking or Actually Hiding From Their Kids, And It’s A Good Thing
How moms hide and sneak.
Doing household chores like a load of laundry (57%) and cooking a meal (48%) are the most common ways moms get in TV “me-time” while multitasking. Other popular types of sneaking include:
- “Bathroom sneak” (40%) – extending time on the proverbial throne to sneak in some QT with a new series like The Crown.
- “Beauty sneak” (27%) – taking a little extra time applying makeup to catch the first episode of a returning favourite like Scandal.
- “Hiding sneak” (21%) – ducking into the dark recesses of the house (pantry, closet, basement or laundry room) to indulge in a nail biter like Stranger Things.
- “Health sneak” (15%) – spending an extra 30 minutes at the gym to burn off the last episode of a slamming series like Marvel’s Jessica Jones.
- “Carpool sneak” (15%) – pressing play on a nostalgic throwback like Gilmore Girls while parked for school pickup.
The sneaks don’t stop there. Nowhere is off limits for moms to find time to stream from taking breaks while working from home (22%), sitting in a parking lot (19%), running “errands” (19%), sitting in the driveway (17%), and fibbing about other obligations (12%).
Want to see how hilarious mom vlogger duo Cat & Nat sneak their TV me-time?
So you see us moms gotta do what we gotta do in order to make time for us right! So let us unite and not be ashamed to #momsneak