Crock Pot Teriyaki Toasted Sesame Chicken
Happy Monday friends! The kids have finally completed spring break and have gone back to school today. I will admit this morning I really didn’t want to get out of bed. Figures the start of getting back to a regular routine in my home for some reason I had such a hard time getting to sleep last night. I guess I was too busy thinking about all the stuff I wanted to complete today, that I allowed my brain to overtake the fact that I needed to get some sleep. Fast forward to now I am working on 5 hours of restless sleep, I would love a cup of coffee but then, that would mean my month long absence from coffee would be broken. Not to mention my stomach would hate me for it.
Anyway moving along, I have been really unmotivated to cook because I have been so tired. However take out is not an option, so to make my life easier and to make sure my family gets a good hearty meal I have been using my Crock pot quite often. More so, I have committed for the next two week to either use my Crock pot or 1 pan to make my meals. Since this is a little challenge I also wanted to document the process by sharing my recipes with you. Because I know I am not the only one who wishes they didn’t have to cook most days. A few weeks back I made Crock Pot Teriyaki Toasted Sesame Chicken and let me tell you it was the most delicious meal I have made in a long time. The kids loved it and asked for seconds and thirds and the response of social media when I posted a photo was incredible. So in celebration of a good Crock pot meal and all the love on social media, I am sharing this easy recipe for you to enjoy. Happy Monday Friends!
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 3Green onion
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 Sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce (sweet)
- 1 cup Teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup Chicken broth
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- In a bowl, mix together teriyaki sauce, chicken broth, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic and sesame oil.
- Place chicken breasts into a Crock pot. Add teriyaki mixture and cook on low heat for 4 hours .
- On a cookie sheet lined with Parchment paper add sesame seeds and toast for 10 mins in oven preheated at 350F
- Serve immediately, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
- Serve with Jasmine Rice or long grain white rice