Being that I am a busy mom, I am always trying to create meals in the kitchen that taste good, take minimal time to prepare and cook as well as having a good nutritional value. Cooking can sometimes be difficult because I have 3 children that have different tastes and needs when it comes to eating. In other words meal time can be very stressful, if preparations are not executed properly.
Pinterest is my best friend, it gives me inspiration for everything I do whether it be cooking or baking as well have home decor. While perusing I came across a few recipes that I wanted to try but I couldn’t decide which to do. So I created my own with the inspiration from a few recipes I had tucked away. Bow Tie Pasta is one of my favourite pasta to eat and use when cooking a meal. I know most pastas taste the same and have similar textures but I really do prefer and love them more.
I decided to make a creamy smoked cheddar sauce which I am normally not a fan of but this meal turned out to be perfect and the family really enjoyed it. Now that the weather is cooler this meal is a perfect comfort meal and its pretty quick to make. Today I am sharing the ingredients and directions to try this meal at home. I promise your family will enjoy it as much as mine did.
Yields: 5-7 servings
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
4 Chicken Breasts
2 Boxes of Bow Tie Pasta
4 Strips of Chicken Bacon
1 1/2 Cups of shredded Parmesan Cheese
1 C shredded double smoked Cheddar
2 C Whipping Cream (not whip cream)
1 C butter
1 1/2 Cups Panko bread crumbs
1 C powdered Parmesan Cheese
3 TBSP minced Garlic,
1TBSP Mrs Dash Original blend
2 Large Eggs
Cobine 1 TBSP of minced Garlic, 1 C powdered Parmesan Cheese & 1TBSP Mrs Dash Original blend to season 4 Chicken breasts cover and refrigerate overnight for best results in taste.
1. Cook bow tie pasta according to the boxes instructions, drain and set aside save 1/4 cup of water
2. On a cookie sheet covered with foil place 4 strips of Bacon and bake for 390 F for 10-15 minutes until crisp then set aside.
3. On another cookie sheet covered with parchment paper place overnight seasoned chicken breasts on the sheet and bake for 35-40 mins on 390 F. Once chicken is cooked remove from oven cover and set aside.
4. In a pan combine Whipping Cream, Garlic, and Butter and bring to a boil.
5. Slowly add both cheeses while whisking to make sure it doesn’t stick and it is completely melted
6. Add Bow Tie Pasta back into the pan and mix altogether until pasta is evenly coated remove from heat.
7. Chop bacon into tiny pieces for garnish and place Chicken breast on a bed of pasta and enjoy!