Butterscotch Skor Chewy Cookies Recipe
This summer hasn’t quite turned out how I hoped it would. some days are warm other days are cool enough to be fall weather. With that being said today I wanted to share my Butterscotch Skor Chewy Cookies Recipe because it was one of my family’s favourite cookies I have made to date. I am always trying to perfect the perfect chewy cookie and I finally tweaked my cookie batter enough to achieve the softest chewiest cookie ever and I thought that I would share the secret which is not even rocket science. Just melt the butter! That’s it! pretty simple right? Anyway Butterscotch is new to my family it’s not an ingredient that I normally cook with so the aroma in my house was to die for. I honestly didn’t know that butterscotch could smell as good as it does.
Now for me, a cookie is not a cookie unless there are Skor bits in it. A lot of my cookie baking consists of Skor bits because my family loves them quite a bit. With both the Butterscotch and the Skor bits mixed together, these cookies are the perfect dessert for the kids to enjoy and help create as well. I hope you and your family enjoy these cookies as much as mine does. There are easy to make and clean up (licking the bowl) is the best part for the kids! Check out the recipe below!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 c brown sugar
- 10 oz butterscoth chips
- 10 oz skor bits
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 c butter
- Pre heat oven to 350 F
- cream butter and sugars until fluffy
- add eggs one at a time
- add salt, vanilla, baking soda mixing on medium speed
- reduce speed some more and add flour a little bit at a time until blended
- turn mixer off and fold in (by hand) the butterscotch and skor bits
- on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper place 1 heaping scoop of batter 2 inches apart
- bake for 10-12 minutes until golden around the edges
- remove from cookie sheet and allow to cool on wire racks
- serve and enjoy!
- Oven heat my vary about 2 minutes depending on oven.